Sunday, June 7, 2009

The end to a great year of school


So i have just over 2 weeks of school left and then my junior year is complete and I'm coming home for the summer. To recap up until this point ill just list off the things i have done. I played in the soccer game mentioned in kaosiung where i scored a goal and also bruised my ribs in the process of knocking down their biggest player (not taiwanese, but much larger and heavier than me). I was a hit in the Vietnamese fashion show where i wore a traditional Vietnamese outfit and strutted my stuff. I met with the ASU study abroad trip students and my professors in Taipei which was lovely and a nice getaway from Tainan. Competed in a Triathlon relay race May 17th where i swam 1.5k (or more like 2k with all the zig zagging)in 33 minutes which im happy to survived. I competed in an annual Dragon Boat race with my IMBA students where 18 people/boat race down a river. Just before the race i was hit by a car (but did not crash and I'm ok) and the guy blamed me for his mirror being knocked forward while not asking if i was even ok. The cops were not called and nothing was broken so i did not have to pay him. I wish i would have punched him since he valued his plastic mirror more than my well being. I have also been writing papers and powerpoints and giving presentations the past few weeks.

So that brings us back to now or just a few days ago when we had our big farewell party for the Seniors. Clark was the MC with over 200+ people in the audience and believe it or not, he did a great job and even called me on stage to help waste time between acts. We introduced a mummy game where two professors came on stage and 3 of their advisee's wrapped them in toilet paper in a photo finish race. haha not really but it was all in good fun. Nina was able to come with me to the party and she looked so beautiful. The food was amazing and I think we had about 3 plates each. Since i had a class the next day (my saturday SOM) from 9-4:30pm, I did not drink to much and did not go to the after party at the club like a responsible student :). I made it home by 2:30am and made it to class on time. Last night was Kyle's bday, he just turned 24. He did not want a big party so we just went to a lounge bar and had some drinks with some friends from school and his girlfriend zen zen was able to make it in from Taipei and Nina was able to stop by after work. I put money in for a gift Jay and Zilvia bought kyle which was a nice set of wine glasses and a nike sports backpack for his training and everything else needs. I had the honor to pick kyle up for his bday on my way to the bar which zen zen was going to ride with me and when kyles key broke off in his lock for his bicycle, kyle climbed on the scooter and the 3 of us were off the the bar. I wish we had a picture of it.

All of my classes are coming down to the wire again. I have a presentation and final paper due tomorrow morning and I pick up my new ARC (alien resident card) tuesday after my class. Soon I will be done with my HRM paper on a company in Indonesia where my section is talking about family-like culture and issues which can arise. My SOM still needs to write our final paper and have our presentation. My MIS paper is done, but we need more sources to meet the 30minimum requirement and I have already finished and presented my Int'l trade final project :)

I an anxious to pack up and come home, but there are still lots of things to do around here before i leave. Clark is going to be staying in my apartment for the summer while im home (as well as looking for an apartment so he is out when i get back, haha). My old App State roommate Alex has booked his ticket to fly back to Taiwan with me September 8th and stay 2 weeks. I cant wait to show him around here and see how he reacts to the culture. I will be home before i write another blog so this is a farewell to my first year of school and 9 months of being away from home (on the other side of the world). It as been a great adventure so far and it is still only the beginning.

Can't wait to see my family and the newest member Allie Berry :) as well as all my friends back home. Love you guys and see you all soon.


Luv Always,

Logan

No comments: